Charan Insurance or The Charan Insurance Public Company Limited was established on 10 November 1949 under the name “Soon Heng Lee Insurance Company Limited”. With a starting capital of 2.0 million baht, the Company was licensed to operate all lines of non-life insurance underwriting, i.e. fire insurance, marine insurance, miscellaneous insurance and automobile insurance.
- - 1975 : The Company was renamed “Charan Insurance Company Limited”.
- - 1980 : Its registered capital was increased from 2.0 million baht to 5.0 million baht.
- - 1983 : Its registered capital was increased from 5.0 million baht to 10.0 million baht.
- - 1991 : Its registered capital was increased to 30.0 million baht.
- - 1992 : Charan Insurance became a listed company on the Stock Exchange of Thailand with authorized share capital of 60.0 million baht comprising six million ordinary shares of 10.0 baht each.
- - 1994 : The Company was re-registered as a public company under the name “Charan Insurance Public Company Limited” with registration number Bor Mor Jor 327 (PCL 327).
- - 2006 : Charan Insurance was named the third winner of the Non-life Insurer of Management Excellence Award by the Office of Insurance Commission.
- - 2015 : The Company increased its registered capital to 120.0 million baht consisting of 12 million ordinary shares of 10.0 baht each.
Today, the Company continues to go from strength to strength into its 70th year of operations with authorized paid-up share capital of 120.0 million baht listed on the Stock Exchange of Thailand under registration number 0107537000807 (formerly Bor Mor Jor 327).